Resume’ of Biographical Information
Name: William Franklin Harrell (Bill)
Marital Status: Married to the former Joanne Carolyn Gibbs of Tifton, Georgia
Three daughters: Georgia Ann, now married; Heather Paige, deceased, Amanda Leigh, now married.
CONVENTION RELATED WORK
- Tifton (Tift County) public schools. Graduated and received diploma in 1961.
- Abraham Baldwin College...9-68 to 6-70. Received an Associate Degree in Business Administration.
- Valdosta State College...9-70 to 6-72. Received a B. S. Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Management.
- Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. Attended from 8-73 to 6-75. Master of Divinity program. Area of Concentration: Pastoral Care and the Prophets.
- Southern California Theological Seminary, Doctor of Divinity, January 20, 1991.
- Master of Theological Studies, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, 2003.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- Finance Committee, Augusta Association of Baptist Churches.
- Civic Righteousness Committee, Augusta Association of Baptist Churches.
- Evangelism Committee, Augusta Association of Baptist Churches.
- Order of Business Committee, Georgia Baptist Convention, 1984.
- Nominating Committee, Georgia Baptist Convention, 1984 and 1990.
- Resolutions Committee, Southern Baptist Convention, 1987.
- Vice-President, Georgia Baptist Convention, 1987-88.
- Executive Committee, Georgia Baptist Convention, 1987-88.
- Credentials Committee, Southern Baptist Convention, 1983-84.
- Executive Committee, Southern Baptist Convention, 1986-1990 and 1990-1994.
- Chairman, Program and Budget Subcommittee, Executive Committee, Southern Baptist Convention, 1989-1990.
- Chairman, Public Relations Work Group, Southern Baptist Convention Executive Committee, 1990-91.
- Executive Committee, Georgia Baptist Convention, 1995-2000.
- Committee on Committees, Southern Baptist Convention, 2000.
- Executive Committee, Southern Baptist Convention, 2003 - 2011.
- Vice Chairman, Southern Baptist Convention Executive Committee, 2004-2005, 2005-2006.
- Chairman SBC Executive Committee…2006-2008
I became a Christian at the age of eleven and God called me to preach at fourteen. I finally answered His call at the age of 31, after many years of inward struggle.
I believe in God as the Creator, Sustainer, and Judge of this universe; in Jesus as His Beloved Son and our personal Savior, and in the Holy Spirit as our Comforter and Guide.
I believe that Jesus was born of the virgin Mary; that He lived here among us as God-Man; that He was crucified and died for our sins; that He was buried and that He arose on the third day for our Justification. I believe that He ascended into Heaven and is there now at the right hand of God the Father, and that He is coming again to win out over evil and to establish His Kingdom.
I believe that Salvation is for anyone who will accept it. I believe the Bible is the infallible and inerrant Word of God.
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST